Academi is seeking candidates for immediate employment for the position of Armed Security Guard. Upon successful vetting process, candidates will direct deploy to OCONUS site.
ACADEMI is an innovative, privately-held training and security solutions provider serving government and commercial industries worldwide. Founded in 1997, ACADEMI was initially envisioned as a training facility to support the needs of local and regional law enforcement personnel. Today we are capable of providing risk assessment, training and security solutions in multiple locations across the globe, reacting to need with near-immediate deployment.
We are a professional organization serving as a solutions provider to the U.S. government. We operate in the defense, training, logistics, and intelligence spaces, priding ourselves on providing our customers with world-class performance. We are the quiet and dedicated professionals serving the government and commercial markets. Our bandwidth and far-reaching capabilities make us a valuable single-source solutions provider.
Any offers extended are fully contingent on customer approval, obtaining any necessary security clearance, satisfactory background investigation and drug screening results, meeting all physical, academic and skills requirements, meeting the medical requirements for the position, and successful completion of any required pre-deployment training,
All candidates should be willing and able pass pre-deployment medical screening to include a Physical Training test and should be willing and able to work in a high-threat environment under austere conditions.
The Armed Security Guard serves as part of a team of guards assigned to perform internal guard services that include mobile and static functions.
Duty Location: Oconus
Security clearance required: Secret
Rotations/Work Schedule; normal work day of 8 hour shift but be up to 12 hour shifts, 7 days per week (72 hours max/week)
Pay rate: $175.00 per day + 7.5% Completion Bonus
Perform internal guard services that include, but are not limited to:
- Vehicle and personnel entry control points (ECPs)
- Man perimeter towers
- Perform roving patrols
- Provide armed guard services for the Camp ASP
- Conduct BDOC operations
- Must have valid U.S. Passport and provide a copy to Academi Recruitment staff
- Must be 25 years of Age
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have an Active U.S. Dept. of Defense SECRET security clearance
- Must be able to pass a pre-deployment medical exam(must be less than 40% body mass index)
- Must be able to pass a physical fitness test
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an expiration date later than one year from start date
- Must provide a copy of DD 214 if prior military with honorable discharge
- Fluency in English language (Written and oral)
- Possess a Military / Law Enforcement background in a related service area or have equivalent training
- Experience living and working under austere conditions in a high threat area/active war zone.
- Experience performing security operations including static guard and PSD/PSS type functions.
- Familiarity with the Helmand region of Afghanistan and/or similar environments
- Demonstrated and proven ability to use the following weapons:
M9 Beretta, M16, M4, M240, M2 .50 Caliber heavy machinegun & Mk19 40 mm heavy
- Able to perform internal security guard services, at any potential posting for up to 12 hours, often in austere conditions and extreme weather while donning all required personal protective gear.
- Mental, physical, and medical ability to thrive under harsh living conditions.
- Guards may be male or female
|ACADEMI is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration without regard to race, age, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.